In collaboration with Bath Mind we are thrilled to be running the MHFA accredited Online Mental Health First Aid Aware course as part of May’s Mental Health Awareness Week.
What is MHFA Aware training?
The 4 hour Mental Health First Aid Aware course raises awareness of mental health, covering what mental health is, common mental health conditions and how to support someone who may be experiencing a mental health problem. The course will empower you with the skills to look after yourself whilst helping others. The course is also a great shorter alternative to the full Mental Health First Aid course.
This course will be delivered via Zoom with an experienced instructor, where learning will take place through presentations, group discussion and workshop activities. The course is open and applicable to all: whether you’d like to join for professional or personal reasons.
Dates: 11th May from 9:30am-2pm.
Course Cost: £127 per person
The course will cover:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issues
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health