Managing your employees’ workplace mental health and wellbeing (CPD)
A CPD training course developed and delivered by Arabella Tresilian and colleagues, in association with Bath Mind and Royds Withy King. We first teamed up to deliver our course together to mark Mental Health Awareness Week 2018:
“Fantastic course, great content and insightful. Trainers were excellent!”
Our ‘Wellbeing in the Workplace’ training day: ‘Managing Your Employees’ Mental Health in the Workplace’
Part 1: Mental Health awareness (Morning – Arabella Tresilian, Bath Mind Trainer & Workplace Mediator)
- how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health concerns in your team
- how to have sensitive conversations with staff and build a supportive culture
- where to signpost staff to professional external help
- how to support and manage staff experiencing stress
- the role of workplace mediation and mental health
- how to remain resilient to dealing with mental health issues at work.
Part 2: Employment law (Afternoon – Pip Galland Employment Solicitor, Royds Withy King)
- what your legal obligations are as an employer
- how to avoid disability discrimination and other employment claims
- how to manage sickness absence / capability
- how to obtain medical evidence and what questions to ask
- when to make reasonable adjustments.
Wellbeing in the Workplace – Resources
Here are some of the resources I share with workshop participants. They are such valuable tools for supporting employees with mental health conditions and for creating a supportive workplace culture:
Thriving at Work (Stevenson & Farmer, 2017): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/thriving-at-work-a-review-of-mental-health-and-employers
Does would your business or organisation benefit from bespoke workplace wellness training?
‘With research showing that mental ill health costs UK businesses £42 billion each year, what is your organisation doing to manage employee mental health, engagement, productivity and sickness absence?’
Would you and your team benefit from Workplace Wellbeing and Mental Health training? I am delighted to be delivering workplace training in partnership with Bath Mind and Royds Withy King, so please get in touch with me to find our more. As Bath Mind, we can offer our 1 hour ‘lunch and learn’ Workplace Mental Health Training, right up to full 2 day Mental Health First Aid training, for you and your team. And with Royds Withy King’s involvement, we are able to cover all your statutory duties as an employer too. Furthermore, proceeds support the crucial community work of Bath Mind.
Download information about our One Hour ‘Lunch & Learn’ Mental Health training: Workplace Mental Health Training 1hr